The ThermoTex Group was created in 2005 in response to the floor covering industry’s demand for recyclable, sustainable, and environmentally friendly backing systems for broadloom and modular carpets.
ThermoTex has since developed unique thermoplastic proprietary polymers and process technologies to produce high performance, energy efficient, recyclable backing systems for carpet, modular carpet tiles, rugs, automotive carpets, mats, and other backings for textiles requiring environmentally responsible and recyclable systems.
In addition to providing recyclable carpet backing system polymers and technologies, the ThermoTex Group also has a two meter wide custom coating and laminating line. With this line, we can apply our ThermoTex technology to the customer’s product and validate its performance in the marketplace. We also can provide custom coating and component laminating services to meet our customer’s specifications with a variety of thermoplastic compounds and substrates.
Thermoplastic Polymer Systems
- Custom formulated thermoplastic polymers designed for a wide range of products
- Pelletized compounded thermoplastic systems
- Recyclable systems
- Lamination of stabilized attached cushions for modular carpets
- Thermoplastic polyolefin backings for modular carpets
- Automotive nib and grid backings
- Lamination coatings
- Construction Industry coatings
- Moldable coatings and backings for automotive industries
- All coatings available up to 2 meter widths